The Relationship between Job Redesign and Employee Performance in Social Development And Research Association (Sdra), Galkayo-Somalia.
Farah, Abdulkadir Abdullahi
MetadataShow full item record
This study was about the contribution of job redesign on employee performance in SDRA, Galkayo-Somalia. The study was limited to the top management and lower level staff of Social Development and Research Association (SDRA). It was based on three objectives which are: To determine the relationship between job rotation and employee performance in SDRA, Galkayo-Somalia. To find out the relationship between job enlargement and employee performance in SDRA, Galkayo-Somalia.To establish the relationship between flexible work schedule and employee performance in SDRA, Galkayo-Somalia. The researcher constructed a conceptual frame work in order to guide the study. The study carried out using correlational research design to determine the relationship between job redesign and employee performance and whether that relationship is significant or non significant. A simple random sampling technique was employed. Research questionnaire and interview guide were developed as data collection methods and distributed to a sample of 80 workers comprising of both low level staff as well as top management of SDRA. In order to test the reliability and the validity of the research instruments, Content Validity Index (CVI) and Cronbach’s Alpha coefficient were employed. The validity of the study was 0.925 which can be translated into 92%. The reliability of the study was .952 which can be translated into 95% which shows that the data collected from the respondents is reliable. In order to determine the contribution of job redesign to employee performance, descriptive statistics, Pearson Correlation and Regression were employed. Data was analyzed using Stepwise method in the Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS). The findings of the study revealed that job rotation has significant relationship with the employee performance. Based on the results of the study, it was found that, firstly, job rotation has a strong and positive significant relationship with the employee performance. Job rotation is the second most contributable factor to the employee performance of SDRA because [r²=0.984] which can be translated into 98.4% while the other remaining 1.6% is contributed by other factors such as salary, working condition and so on. Secondly, job enlargement has a strong and significant relationship with the employee performance. Job enlargement is the most contributable variable to the employee performance of SDRA because [r²=.992] which can be translated into 99.2%. Finally, flexible work schedule has a strong and positive relationship with the employee performance but it is totally excluded as a predictor in contributing to the dependent variable which is employee performance. The researcher is recommending to the top management of SDRA to not lose resources to flexible work schedule because it is totally excluded as a predictor to employee performance.
- Thesis and Dissertations